Friday, March 14, 2008

Our Journey of Faith

Crystal and I have been overwhelmed and awed by the love and concern shown to us. Those of you who know me know that I don't cry very easily, but I have been unable to contain my emotions over how much love I am feeling for myself and for my family. I know many of you want to help as much as possible and I can't even tell you how much that means to me. Right now, we are unsure what our needs are. We are trying to work with others, including the wonderful people at my employer TXU Energy, to understand those needs- spiritual, financial, and general support. Charity and Daniel have been kind enough to work on a donation capability through this site that we will need as events progress. We sincerely appreciate the offers that have been made so far.

That having been said, what I want most is to use this forum to testify of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that God lives and I know that Christ is our Savior. I know with Job that "though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God." If even one of the many people I love looks at this site and is strengthened in their testimony of God and of Jesus Christ through my experiences, then I will consider those experiences well worth the price.

I ask you to pray for us. We expect a miracle, although the odds are not good. But regardless of what miracle the Lord blesses us with, I wish to spend the rest of my days testifying of His Son and His glorious gospel so that my children and my friends may know to what source they may look for peace and love and joy.

For those who are not members of our faith and may not understand completely what I am trying to express, please feel free to leave your comments and to ask questions. If I am unable to answer them, I am sure that those who hold this testimony with me will be willing to address your questions. I have been more richly blessed in my 36 years than most people who live 100 and it is due entirely to the gospel of Jesus Christ and my testimony of the divine nature of the Son of God.

-Matt

Journey of Faith Update

Your email address: